So as I was contemplating Christmas late in November, I had the amazing idea to gift all of the adult members of my immediate family (who might wear one) with a hat this year. I decided to call this project: “The Grand Hatting of 2016“.
Ambitious? Totally! I figure I ended up making 10 adult hats and a couple extra for some of the munchkins… in less than a month.
If you are interested in learning how to knit this hat, please check out my blog post on “So you want to be a knitter – Lesson 7 – Hats”
By the numbers:
- Total hats: 10 Adult + 2 Munchkin
- Time to complete: About 6 hours per hat
- Materials: About two thirds of a skein of madelinetosh Vintage each for the adult hats, various for the munchkins
- Stitches per hat: minimum of 3500 stitches per adult hat
- 25 days knitting (possibly some knit while sleeping… as I am still not sure how I managed to finish!)
Whilst I still have two left to gift, I couldn’t wait to post this any longer!
And some of the hatty-erm happy recipients:
For the record, I am on a temporary HiATus from knitting hats. 🙂